Monday, October 25, 2010

Apostasy Talk

As I was reading M. Russell Ballard's talk, "Using New Media to Support the work of the Church," it discussed the importance that new techonolgy plays in helping the growth of the Church. He always mentioned that all the technology leading up to the life of Joseph Smith aided in the Restoration of the Church and the publication of the Book of Mormon.

While on my mission, I listened to a talk (known as the "Apostasy Talk") by a Hyrum Smith (not Hyrum Smith the brother of Joseph), he address this. He explains how all things from the Apostasy lead up to the Restoration of the Gospel. It is one of the most incredible talks I have ever listened to. I have uploaded the entire talk (which is about 35 minutes). It is totally worth your time. You can listen to it on Sunday after church if you want.



Apostasy Talk by leeannelowry

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if anyone is looking for the transcript of this talk, but you can find it here if you're interested.

    The Restoration of the Church, Why Now? - Hyrum W. Smith

    ReplyDelete