Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sound Cloud

In my last post I uploaded an audio file to my blog. This turned out to be a lot more tricky than I had anticipated. I tried uploading it directly from iTunes, but it wouldn't work. I then found this site, Sound Cloud, which is completely awesome so I will explain how I uploaded it step by step:

1. I imported the CD into my iTunes

2. I then converted the track to an mp3 format. To do that, follow these instructions:

  • 1. Edit > Preferences
    2. Under the general tab, select "import settings"
    3. Change type to MP3, and select (192 kbps) for decent quality audio.
    4. Find the song you want to upload in your iTunes library (it must already be in iTunes) and right click it.
    5. Select 'Create MP3 Version'
    6. Wait for it to finish (it will say incomplete next to the title until it was done).
    7. Drag the completed file out of iTunes onto the desktop for convenient use elsewhere.

    3. I then went to soundcloud.com and I uploaded the audio file (filling out all necessary details about the clip).Wait for the upload bar to finish.

     4. It will send a confirmation email to your address and from there you can follow the link to the uploaded file.

    5. Select share on the upper left corner of the soundcloud editing pane, and copy the embed code.

    6. Go back to the blogger edit post screen, and place the cursor where you want to insert the audio clip.

    7. Click "Edit HTML" on the upper right of the edit post box, and paste the embed code you copied in step five.

    8. Publish Post!

    1 comment: