Friday, September 24, 2010

Google Chrome

For the past five or more years I have been using either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer as my search engine; however, recently I have installed Google Chrome and would like to talk a little bit about the differences I have found while using this search engine as well as the history of Chrome. Enjoy.



Chrome was developed by Google in September of 2008, and as of August 2010 it's the third most popular browser.  In September 2008, Google released a big portion of Chrome's source code, including V8 JavaScript engine, as an open source project entitles Chromium. This enabled other developers the opportuinty to study the underlying source code as well as transport the browser to Mac OS X and Linux.

What I personally like about Chrome is that it's fast! According to Wikipedia, tests proved that Chrome was twice as fast as Firefox 3.0. I can definitely see a difference.  I also like the cleaner look and appearance of Chrome. There isn't a separate bar for a Google search, you can type it into the bar as you would for a URL address. You can also design your own theme (or rather, the look of your Chrome page). It allows you to express your personality in your web browser.

All in all, I have enjoyed using and getting to know Google Chrome and would definitely recommend it to anyone I talk to. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment