Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Love TV

So this morning, while I was getting ready for church, I was listening/watching the Create Channel: it pretty much has everything you ever need to know on one channel. Well, it was talking about Florence and how it was the birthplace of the Renaissance. Florence paved the way for creative thought. It brought together the ideas of God and humanism. Michaelangelo, for example, was one of the these blooming idealists. In one of his greatest works "David", we see the combination of humanism and the importance of the human body as well as the need of God. They explained that his right hand was purposely over-sized and detailed to represent the hand of God in the creation.



So pretty much, this was an awesome episode (click here to see more about it: Episode #203). I also found this interesting website that talked a little more about "David" if you're interested.

And that is why I love TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment