Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reflection

I have now been in my Digital Civilization class for about a month and it's kind of cool to see how much I've learned. Having recently come home from my mission, I felt very behind in pretty much every aspect of my life, especially in digital understanding. However, since I have been taking this class, I feel like it's my own personal update into the "real world." I have become far more explorative on the internet, as well as other computer applications. I used to just stick with a Google search or a quick scan of Wikipedia, but I have come to realize there is so much out there and it's all very accessible, and (for the most part) very user friendly. I have found this very helpful in my other classes as well as I have needed scholar articles and encyclopedia information. I feel like I still have a long way to go, but little by little I'm understanding more about the digital technology that we have.

Also, I absolutely love history, so learning about ancient civilization is right up my alley. I love how in each class the two topics are connected. I have found it fascinating trying to find ties between the two. I believe this class is making me a more well-rounded person, and more curious as to the information that I can find on the internet. Before this class, I never really trusted sites or information found on the internet, but I have found so many databases, for this class as well as my other classes, that have definitely changed my mind. The world is definitely evolving, and as we evolve with it, we are opened up to more knowledge and are able to discover and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment